October 31, 2013

Instead of an Overcoat - What to Wear to Keep Warm (Part I)

As evidenced by my last outfit post, vests are my newest favorite layering piece. They add warmth without bulk in the arms and as a woman with broad shoulders, I appreciate that so I don't feel like Tommy Boy. I've decided to showcase my adoration of of vests during these in between months. First up is my fiancé's favorite...

The Puffer Vest
While your first instinct might be that it's workout wear, the puffer vest is an easy way to achieve the borrowed from the boys look. Whether it tops your chambray, blazer, sweater, or peaks out from under your jean jacket, it adds texture and color and can easy be taken off and held without the presence of a coat rack.
Find yours at Forever21JCPenney, or J.Crew
All images via Pinterest

1 comment:

DressUpNotDown said...

I went in Academy to buy rain boots for my boys, and happened to see a VERY cute puffer vest that I might just have to go back for!